A suitable Talent Management Software application is a must-have for optimizing your overall Human Resources strategy. The benefits of using the most suitable Talent Management System are extensive. In the full spectrum of the Human Resources Management ecosystem many types of HR Tools can be used for different and specific goals. In general, HR Tools can be grouped into 3 main HR categories, being (i) Recruiting HR Tools, (ii) Administrative HR Tools, and (iii) Human Capital Management HR Tools. Because the needs of Human Resources Management & Talent Management are so diverse, Talent Management Software tools can range from recruiting tools to career management software systems. As such, the Talent Management Software applications can fit in any of the three main HR categories, depending on your exact needs.
As a result, there are a lot of HR Tools out there, and they are all screaming for your attention. There are more than 81 million sites that have something to say about Human Resource Information Systems. Luckily, not all of them are actual Talent Management Software application vendors, but you get the idea, right?
The features of a particular Talent Management Software tool can be highly diverse, and therefore you first need to clearly define what your goals are. Once you have determined the minimum functionalities of your Talent Management System, you can start investigating what tools are available in the market. So which Talent Management Software systems are successful in providing the applications and features you need, and how can you find them? You can do a google search and search for the Best Talent Management Software, but then you get hundreds of “Best of Lists” in front of you, so that doesn’t help a lot either unless you want to spend a full day going through all those lists. Well, that is precisely what we did! We searched for 50 “Best of Lists” highlighting the most recommended Talent Management Software systems, then we selected and combined the 20 most valuable “Best of Lists” and earmarked and ranked what Talent Management tools keep up appearing on most of those recently published lists. From a total of 170 Talent Management Software Tools compared, reviewed and ranked, here is the Top 20 of Most Recommended Talent Management Software applications around that appear on most of the “Best of Lists”.
As we are a small business, we use/have used quite a number of the tools discussed on our Blog ourselves for optimizing our blog and our platform. On our Consultants 500 platform, you can compare and search for all kinds of Professional Services Providers, including Talent Management Experts. If you are a Talent Management Expert yourself, you can always create a free profile on our Platform if you want to. It only takes a few minutes, and no credit card is needed for opening doors to new opportunities. It’s all up to you. See here how it works.
Top 20 of Talent Management Software
#1. BambooHR / Twitter
Listed 10 out of 20 times. BambooHR software collects and organizes all the information you gather throughout the employee life cycle, then helps you use it to achieve great things. Whether you’re hiring, onboarding, preparing compensation, or building culture, BambooHR gives you the time and insights to focus on your most important asset—your people.
#2. Cornerstone OnDemand / Twitter
Listed 13 out of 20 times. Cornerstone is designed to enable a lifetime of learning and development that is fundamental to the growth of employees and organizations. From recruitment, onboarding, training, and collaboration, to performance management, compensation, succession planning, people administration and analytics, Cornerstone is there at every phase of the employee lifecycle.
#3. SAP SuccessFactors / Twitter
Listed 9 out of 20 times. SAP SuccessFactors talent management suite offers Individualized, relevant, and meaningful talent experiences, with guidance and recommendations throughout the employee journey to empower employees each step of the way, and continuous capabilities for performance, reward, and recognition, learning, development, and talent planning.
#4. Saba TMS / Twitter
Listed 11 out of 20 times. Saba combines the science of talent with intelligent technology to deliver a “just-for-me” talent experience for every individual – in the moments that matter most. With powerful tools and insights, talent leaders need to prove that experience makes an impact on business success. It helps from attracting candidates who are the perfect fit, to designing paths for personal growth, to creating a culture that nurtures the unique talents of every individual.
#5. Zoho Recruit / Twitter
Listed 4 out of 20 times. Zoho Recruit is a cloud-based applicant tracking system that’s built to provide diverse, end-to-end hiring solutions for staffing agencies, corporate HRs and a temporary workforce. The software’s comprehensive applicant tracking system (ATS) includes resume parsing, automated job board posting, customized company career pages, resume storage, and interview scheduling.
#6. UltiPro / Twitter
Listed 5 out of 20 times. UltiPro unites all aspects of HR, payroll, and talent management in one comprehensive cloud solution that delivers serious business benefits for organizations and the most human capital management functionality available for the greatest value. Built with an inherent focus on people, UltiPro helps organizations implement smart people-management strategies to develop highly productive and satisfied workforces.
#7. Recruitee / Twitter
Listed 4 out of 20 times. Recruitee is built to enable hiring teams to own their talent acquisition by helping them attract the right talent, automate manual tasks, and predict their hiring success. Recruitee is used by over 3,000 customers in 50+ countries,
#8 CEIPAL TalentHire / Twitter
Listed 4 out of 20 times. Ceipal’s cloud-based HRMS system is an intuitive, affordable way for growing companies to manage essential employee information in a personalized way from anywhere, anytime. Its software sets HR free to do great work and be more strategic, which helps the entire organization do the same.
#9. Ceridian DayForce / Twitter
Listed 5 out of 20 times. Dayforce is a global HCM software platform that transforms the employee experience. It unifies data from across the entire employee lifecycle to enable better decision-making at every level. Dayforce is a comprehensive cloud platform that combines HR, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management in a single application.
#10. Oracle Taleo Cloud Service / Twitter
Listed 7 out of 20 times. Oracle Taleo leverages recruitment, marketing, and employee referrals to source talent, provide end-to-end recruiting, and streamline employee onboarding. It helps recruiters assess skill, increase bench strength, and gives candidates the option to apply with their resume or their LinkedIn profile, with or without a cover letter.
#11. ADP Workforce Now / Twitter
Listed 7 out of 20 times. ADP Workforce enables users to spot trends and identify candidates for career growth, and reward high performers with a simplified merit and bonus process — complete with compensation guidelines to help enforce their policies. Main features of this product are Payrolls & Taxes, HR Management, Time & Labor, Talent Management, and Bonuses
#12. Workday / Twitter
Listed 5 out of 20 times. Workday is a provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers human capital management and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies.
#13. SilkRoad Recruiting / Twitter
Listed 5 out of 20 times. SilkRoad offers strategic onboarding for talent activation. They help organizations win the war for retention by engaging people through intentional, personalized journeys designed to keep talent engaged and connected to business goals throughout their employment. SilkRoad has helped thousands of companies around the world create highly scalable personalized experiences that activate and retain people.
#14. TalentSoft / Twitter
Listed 6 out of 20 times. Talentsoft is suitable for both medium and large businesses and has demonstrated its ability to deploy its solution in companies with more than 200,000 employees. Its solution efficiently manages employee recruitment, learning, performance, competencies, careers, and compensation.
#15. PeopleAdmin / Twitter
Listed 4 out of 20 times. PeopleAdmin is a recognized leader in Talent Management solutions specifically designed for Higher Education, Government, and K-12. They help our customers build better organizations so they can build a better future. The company’s unique web-based solutions enable organizations to automate and streamline the hiring process and improve candidate communication
#16. Ultimate Software / Twitter
Listed 4 out of 20 times. Ultimate provides HCM solutions designed to improve the employee experience by putting people first—HR, payroll, talent, time and scheduling, engagement surveys, HR service delivery, and more.
#17. PeopleFluent / Twitter
Listed 7 out of 20 times. Talent management and learning solutions to help guide an organization’s people, culture, and outcomes. Deployed separately or as a suite, the software spans talent acquisition, performance, succession, compensation, and learning. PeopleFluent Talent Productivity Platform unifies talent processes within a collaborative experience that enables HR and L&D teams to guide managers and employees with contextual learning.
#18. Kronos Workforce Ready / Twitter
Listed 4 out of 20 times. The Kronos Workforce Ready suite combines the power of workforce management and human capital management (HCM) in one unified cloud platform to help you manage your entire workforce from pre-hire to retire — whether they’re salaried, hourly, full time, or part-time.
#19. HealthcareSource Quality Talent Suite / Twitter
Listed 4 out of 20 times. The HealthcareSource Quality Talent Suite helps healthcare organizations build a more Patient-Centered Workforce by selecting, aligning, continuously developing, and retaining highly-engaged people. The company’s cloud-based platform of software, content, services, and analytics includes applicant tracking, reference checking, behavioral and skills-based competency assessments, compensation analysis, performance and learning management, eLearning courseware, education, and advisory services.
#20. SumTotal / Twitter
Listed 7 out of 20 times. SumTotal provides a unified, comprehensive, and flexible HCM solution spanning the entire employee lifecycle. This is a solution for attracting, retaining, developing, and engaging today’s multi-generational workforce is grouped into four HR Suites – Talent Acquisition, Learning Management, Talent Management, and Workforce Management – all on a common platform.
What Does Talent Management Software Do & What Are the Key Components?
Talent Management Software covers a wide range of activities related to managing a workforce. Because the needs of Human Resources Management are so diverse, Talent Management Software tools can range from recruiting tools to career management software systems. When assessing the specific needs in the full spectrum of the talent management ecosystem, it makes sense to look at it in a chronically linear way. As such, the critical components of the overall talent management process include:
- Strategic Employee Planning – The first step is developing your organization’s goals and strategic plan. Next, you must identify the key roles and employees that should actually achieve these goals.
- Talent Acquisition and Retention – Hiring new talent is essential, but recognizing and cultivating in-house talent is at least equally important.
- Performance Management – Matching the right person with the right role is the heart of performance management. Proper performance management ensures that employees perform roles that suit them, develop goals for success, support their development, and moves the organization forward.
- Learning and Motivation – These tools support businesses to facilitate the training, education, and professional development of its employees that help them further in their career path and keep them motivated.
- Compensation – Aligning your strategic goals with incentives implies recognizing employees, rewarding their contributions to success, and acknowledging their value to the organization.
- Career Development – This ties back to the talent retention component and the view that hiring from within is not only an option but is often preferable. Cultivate talented employees by providing professional development tools that can advance their careers.
- Succession Planning – Efficient succession planning is as vital as having an optimal career development process in place. Because what happens with open positions when employees go to the next career step in your organization or when they leave for whatever reason.
What Do the Software Review Sites Say
About the Top 5 Talent Management Tools
The massive number of different Software Applications in the market has created a whole new industry, which is the industry of the Software Review Sites. These sites are dedicated to grouping software into categories that you can search to identify the application for your business needs and see then see what customers have to say about these applications. The Talent Management Software category exists of more than 12 sub-categories, and each sub-category can exist of 100+ different software systems whereby each of them offers different features.
We have identified the most trustful, and therefore not surprisingly the market leaders in the software comparison industry, which provide unbiased information and reviews. These sites have also been used as a source for our research. This is what the top review sites have to say about the Top 5 of Best Talent Management Software tools.
As can be seen, among the leading Software Review Sites, Bamboo HR is a clear favorite for Talent Management Software, and it was also listed as number one on our list.
Talent Management &
the Future of Human Resources Management
Deloitte’s Global Human Capital Trends Report reveals how businesses are turning to new organizational model that highlight the networked nature of today’s working environment; the rise of innovation-based HR platforms; the importance of learning and career programs in this rapidly changing world; and employee experience strategies that put the workforce at the center. The report closes with insights into the future of work, whereby changes are driven by advances in automation and an expanded definition of the workforce.
As can be seen from the identified 10 human capital trends in the report, Talent Management is a critical factor and is at the center of the rapidly changing workforce ecosystem.
Choosing the Best
Talent Management Software System
Making a choice between different Talent Management Systems can be difficult, but the one you choose can have a significant impact on your overall Human Resources process. Ranking lists and reviews can be misleading, and they only should be used to give some guidance, especially when the results are scattered. What makes things extra complex is that all the Talent Management Systems come with their own set of features. The following elements can help you further in making the right choice:
- What is your Talent Management objective;
- Involve all stakeholders from start to end;
- What are the minimum functionalities you want a Talent Management System to have;
- Should the Talent Management System be able to connect with other systems;
- How user-friendly is the Talent Management System and can it be customized;
- How difficult is it to implement, and what are the costs involved.
Best Recruiting Books
for Further Learning
Books about Recruiting offer a great way of learning more in-depth aspects of Recruitment and at a much lower price than taking, for example, a specialist Recruiting Course. By reading a book, you consume a tremendous amount of research in a relatively short amount of time, and it is one of the best ways to improve your Recruiting knowledge and skills. These Books on Recruitment keep up appearing on all the “Best of Lists” resulting in “Top 20 of Best Books on Recruitment Recommended most Times by Recruiting Pros,” and here are the top 5:
- Who: The A Method for Hiring | by Geoff Smart and Randy Street
- “Work Rules!: Insights from Inside Google That Will Transform How You Live and Lead | by Laszlo Bock
- Hire With Your Head: Using Performance-Based Hiring to Build Great Teams | by Lou Adler
- Hiring for Attitude: A Revolutionary Approach to Recruiting and Selecting People with Both Tremendous Skills and Superb Attitude | by Mark Murphy
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…And Others Don’t | by James C. Collins
Best HR / Recruiting Blogs &
Resources to Follow
Blogs about Recruiting & Human Resources are another ideal source for staying up to date on the latest developments and learn new insights into all sorts of HR topics. Therefore, these HR/Recruiting Blogs might also interest you as we did another research for Blogs about Recruiting / Human Resources Management in the same way as we did for Best Talent Management Software Systems. These Top 20 of Best HR/Recruiting Blogs keep appearing on all lists of Best HR/Recruiting Blogs to follow, and here are the top 5:
Best Applicant Tracking Systems
Human Resources Management and Recruiting is a time consuming and complicated process. Applicant Tracking Systems automate, streamline, and improve the Recruiting process. The benefits of using a suitable Applicant Tracking System are extensive. Therefore, these Applicant Tracking Systems might also interest you as we did another research for Applicant Tracking Systems in the same way as we did for Best Talent Management Tools. These Top 20 of Best Applicant Tracking Systems keep appearing on all lists of Best ATS-Systems, and here are the top 5:
- Oracle Taleo Cloud Service / Twitter
- Zoho Recruit / Twitter
- Jobvite / Twitter
- iCims Talent Acquisition / Twitter
- Greenhouse / Twitter
Our Job Board
for Talent Management Jobs
Very soon, we will start operating a Job Board with a 100% Professional Services focus, which includes Recruiting & HR-related Jobs:
- Post Jobs – Send your Jobs to multiple Job Boards with One Submission in minutes. Create your Job Post and find the right talent faster. Job searchers and job openings are connected by making use of the latest Job Search Technology.
- Search Jobs – Easily find and compare Jobs in the Professional Services sector, which can be fixed, flex, freelance, and project type of Jobs.
A job opening can be created in minutes against a flat monthly fee, which can be canceled at any time. For Job Searchers, it is always free.
Leave your email at Subscribe for Updates at the top right of this page to get informed when we launch our new Job Board.
Our Platform for
Talent Management Professionals
(Advisors, Freelancers, Firms)
Be Found As a Talent Management Expert
More than 75% of potential Clients who look for Talent Management Services start a Web Search to find the best Talent Management Specialist for the issue to be solved. Because the internet is by far the leading channel where potential buyers start their journey, it is critical that your business can be easily found on the internet. Creating a profile on our Platform is free and opens the door to new opportunities, it can be done in only a few minutes and without any credit card.
Search, Compare, Find & Hire Talent Management Experts
Easily find and compare highly qualified Talent Management Experts by searching our Platform, which can be local Firms specialized in Talent Management, specialized Talent Management Experts, or independent Freelance Talent Management Professionals. Directly contact and work with your ideal candidate in any way you like. Searching is always free, and that also means that we never charge any transaction type of fees.
How we Established the Final
Top 20 of Best Talent Management Software
- We made a list of 50 posts that were recently published about “Best Talent Management Software” to use.
- From this list of 50 posts, we selected the top 20 that seem most valuable to our readers and users.
- We combined the 20 lists of “Best Talent Management Software” and earmarked all individual tools that were on those lists.
- When a tool was ranked as number 1, it got 1 point, and when it was ranked 2nd, it got 2 points, etc.
- When no particular ranking was applied to a specific list, then each listed tool got the same points.
- To be included in the final list, a tool should be listed for a minimal number of times.
- More weight was assigned to tools that were explicitly listed more times than other tools.
- All lists were summed up, and the Talent Management Software System with the lowest number was ranked 1, 2, 3, etc.
- This resulted in the final “Top 20 of Best Talent Management Software” that has been recommended most times by all types of Talent Management Experts.
Sources Used for
Best Talent Management Software
The 20 “Best of Lists” used for researching what the Best Talent Management Software Systems are:
- Talent Management Software
- Talent Management Systems
- Talent Management Software Comparison
- Talent Management Software Overview
- Top 10 Talent Management Software Systems In 2020 (Reviews)
- The 24 Best Talent Management Platforms for 2019
- Top 12 Most Popular Talent Management Software
- Top 10+ Talent Management Software In 2020
- The 24 Best Talent Management Platforms for 2018
- Top 20 Most Popular Talent Management Software Report Methodology
- Top 32 Talent Management Software
- The Best Talent Management Tools to Use in 2019
- Best Talent Management Software based on Client Reviews
- Workforce Management Software
- Top 12 Free and Open Source Talent Management Software
- 5 digital talent management tools to watch
- Best talent software of 2019
- What are the best talent management tools for startups?
- Top 6 Talent Management Tools to Watch Over in 2019
- The Best Talent Management Software buyers guide by Inspector Jones